10 Things God Promised Us About Heaven.
Assurance of Heaven to believers most times seems like a fairy tale because the rapture seemed to be delayed.
However, the promise of Eternity can’t be denied because it is the only hope of every believer that one day we will all be with Jesus forever.
Despite the fact that, the world we live in is full of pain, sickness, sorrow, troubles, disappointment etcetera, but let our hearts not be troubled. We are living temporarily here on earth, and a day is coming when all our struggles will be ended.
The following are the ten promises about Heaven:
1. Face To Face With Him: The joy of being in Heaven and at the same time seeing him face to face gives me unending joy. Face to face with Him will give believers the opportunity to praise Him, worship Him and also be with Him wherever He is. John 14:3 KJV “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.”
2. Home: In John 14:1- 2 KJV, Jesus assuredly promised us a beautiful home, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me, In my father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. There is nothing that gives joy, that we have a home in heaven and this should be the joy of every believer.”
3. Eternity: Our lives are wrapped up in time. Seasons of the year, work hours, ageing parents, children growing, family responsibilities etc. We love to make plans concerning our future but should also think about Eternity that will come soon. Let us also remember that one day everything will come to an end and we will face Eternity.
4. No More Sorrows And Pains: No matter what we are going through in life we should have it at the back of our mind that they are seasonal and won’t last forever. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:4 KJV) What an amazing experience it will be that all our pains and sorrows shall be ceased forever.
5. Pure Reality: Eternal life is a reality that everyone should know but due to the troubles of this life, it has been swept away from people ‘s mind. The beauty of heaven should be what everyone should aspire for. Phillippians 4:6 KJV told us, “to think about all good things: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.”
6. No More Fear: In life, we have a lot of things that instigate fear in us like losing a beloved one, losing our jobs, etcetera. But in Heaven, there is nothing like fear. All our fears will end one day.
7. Rewards: Every believer should strive to receive rewards in Eternity. We should know that what we do on earth matters enough to God that he will definitely reward everyone. Therefore work as if you are being placed on salary. “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done” (Revelation 22:12 KJV)
8. Peace And Harmony: We live in a world where peace and harmony are hardly to find. On a daily basis, there is war in many parts of the world. Lives and properties are lost in the midst of wars. Well, Christ is the perfect example of peace and harmony. Can you picture a place where everyone will live peacefully? It is Heaven that I am talking about.
9. The New Heaven And Earth: “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.” (Revelation 21: 1- 2 KJV). All the things we had lost here on earth would be restored when we meet him in heaven. So, there is nothing to worry about.
10. The Reunion With Our Master: Most times we tend to reunite with our loved ones whom we had lost contact with. It is always a thing of joy to be with them. This is a kind of experience we will have in heaven. What a joy it will be to reunite with our master, Jesus.
I pray that God will help us to make it to Eternity.