Ways To Build Up Faith
Faith has been one of the fundamental virtues of Christian character. It is widely accepted in the Christian fold that a believer in Christ should ultimately have faith in God despite the predicaments the person is encountering.
It is believed strongly that faith is the key principle to approach God through prayers.
The acknowledgment that God exists is a product of faith, no one has ever seen God but our faith in Him made Us believe strongly that God exists. Building your faith in God makes a difference which helps Us to discern and motivate to do what is right and excellent. Above all, build in God’s words without compromising and wavering.
What Then Is The Meaning Of Faith?
According to the biblical view is “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen ” Hebrews 11:1. It is the connecting power into the spiritual realm, which links us with God and makes Him become a tangible reality to the sense perceptions of a person. A big factor of having faith means recognizing that you have no control, that what will be, will be and that there is a greater power, whether it be a God, the universe.
5 Basic Ways You Can Build Your Faith In God
1) Have Trust in God: The bible has categorically admonished Us to place our trust in God despite what we are encountering, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding ” (Proverbs 3:5)
2) Practical application: Start each day with Prayer, reminding God of his beautiful promises upon your life. Building your faith without a life of prayer makes no sense because when you pray it strengthens your relationship in Him.
3) Daily Scriptural reading: Building your trust in God also demands that you read the scripture daily and meditate on the word of God. Knowing God’s word goes hand in hand with trusting God and praying. Read His Promises, and then have great hope on God that they will come to pass. ” Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”. (Psalm 119:105)
4) Live out His word: We have done all that reading, studying and meditating but now it’s time to start using our knowledge. Applying the word of God to the lives we live, will deepen our walk with Him and also strengthens us. “Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them “(Mark 11: 24)
5) Avoid worry: Building faith in God is best done when you avoid this enemy of faith called WORRY “. Honestly, there isn’t any good result after praying and then, you begin to question God in your mind through anxiety and feeling how will God answer these long-awaited prayers. Know this, when we worry, we are absolutely doubting the infallible promises of God.
Pray This Prayer
Lord, I thank you for making me know what faith in you is. Forgive me for neglecting your beautiful promises upon my life. I ask you today to help me to strongly believe and trust in you completely. Thank you, Lord Jesus.