Hope In The Midst of Confusion.
How can there be hope in the midst of this present global confusion? The trending news over the COVID-19 pandemic has brought confusion, fear, death and sorrow to the entire world. Every news channel and social media is feeding the minds of people to panic and live in fear on a daily basis.
However, being informed is necessary but we should know as believers that the Bible categorically says that “Who hath believed our report?” (Isaiah 53:1a KJV).
There are Scriptural guidelines that will bring us hope in this trying times of confusion and adversity.
1. Let the Word of God be Your Guide. A lot of wrong information has been going viral and most times we get confused on the right information to follow. “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:” (Proverbs 1:5 KJV).
2. Take healthy advice: Be daily informed on how to live your life in this critical time by adhering to preventive measures. Maintain social distance, wash your hands continuously and stay indoors if necessary. “A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself, but the simple pass on, and are punished.” (Proverbs 27:12 KJV)
3. Don’t live your life in fear: Due to the fear of this pandemic, many people are enslaved with fear and anxiety over this tragedy. The devil has magnified this Virus to the extent of people suffering in fear on a daily basis. “For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” (Isaiah 41:13 KJV).
4. Pray Earnestly: The scripture says that we should always pray, in this season that humans have been engulfed with fear of dying from this pandemic, I believe strongly that this is the time to pray fervently for yourself, your family and loved ones.
Also, pray for the countries of the world for massive repentance. “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:1-4 KJV).
5. Encourage Yourself And One Another: In this difficult time, we have to encourage ourselves knowing that there is no situation that is greater than God. This should be a period to call our lovely friends, families and acquaintances to know how they are getting on, through phone calls, text messages, emails etcetera.
This should also be done through praying with one another on phones, discussing the word of God as well. “Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.” (I Thessalonians 5:11 KJV).
6. Trust God: This ongoing pandemic should be a kind reminder to humanity that there are many things in this life that are beyond human control. “In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” (Ephesians 1:11 KJV) “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.” (Psalm 56:3 KJV)
7. Remember There Is Hope At Last: Let us know that we have Jesus, our future is secure and we always have a reason to hope in God. While the Lord has not promised that we will escape pain and suffering in this life, He does promise to be faithful and to love us each day.
“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:21-23 KJV).