Turning Your Back On God?
God remains steadfast, compassionate and loving regardless of our actions, acts of disobedience, turning our back on God and not living up to expectations. God remains resolute to bringing us back to him.
During my younger days as a teen, I remembered vividly that our parents try to teach us the difference between right and wrong. It’s mostly because they don’t want to see us get hurt. Whether we adhere to their instructions or not, yet their eyes are still on us.
They are always there for us despite our mistakes and disobedience to them, they still love and care for us.
This is also the same with God, when we, his children are disobedient to his laws and commandments, he never keeps off his eye on us rather his tender mercies are always available for us.
But what if we have decided to turn our backs on him? What happens? If we turn our backs on God, then He can’t be there to protect us and guide us. God will always try to be that voice in the back of our heads telling us what is wrong but after hardening our hearts, he will still wait for our return as his own.
Being a loving and merciful father, he is ever ready to welcome us back. In Luke 15:11-32 KJV told us a story about a man and his two sons, one leaves, loses everything, and returns in shame to his father, but the father welcomes him home with open arms and throws a huge party in celebration of his homecoming.
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth, forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God” – Hebrews 6:4-7 KJV.
THERE ARE SOME FACTORS THAT CAN MAKE YOU TO TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD.
Invariably, we always see reasons to turn our backs on God. Humans created by God is full of impatience. In Proverbs 3:5 KJV, says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
1. Delayed answer in prayers: There are many occasions you have been praying for a particular issue and it seemed that God isn’t answering. You feel what is the essence of obeying God’s instructions.
2. Delayed blessings: This is mostly in the area of prosperity, where a believer has been hoping on God to bless him or her, and it isn’t coming forth, probably an unbeliever who might be your neighbour or relatives is financially stable, then you think God won’t prosper you.
The bible puts it clearly in Psalms 37:7 KJV, “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.”
RECOMMENDED POST: “Take Up Your Cross”, What Jesus Really Meant!
3. Sickness: Being sick for a long period of time is another factor that can make someone to turn his back on God. Job was a great example of a man who was sick for a long period of time, but he didn’t speak evil against God, despite the fact that his wife and friends weren’t encouraging to him. He said For I know that my redeemer lives, – Job 19:25 KJV.
4. The death of a loved one: The passing away of a beloved one, it could be wife, husband, child or parents is painful to bear. Oftentimes, we question God over the death of a dear soul.
5. Childlessness: A lot of believers have gone astray due to the belief that God won’t grant them their desires over childbearing.
In conclusion, let us be hopeful in God knowing that he is a faithful God who makes all things beautiful in his time. With this knowledge, Turning your back on God wouldn’t be an option.